Connecticut Controls Corp. has been in business since 1994 and is located in Centerbrook, CT. We provide a full range of professional services such as engineering, sales, installation and service for all types of building controls and automation systems. Our expertise in controls leads the way in technology advances in energy conservation and building efficiency. We are looking for an individual with HVAC Control Background.
Technician, Building Automation/HVAC Controls
- Must have a thorough understanding of HVAC systems and apply this towards servicing and commissioning DDC programmable controllers using software engineering tools.
- Under general supervision, conducts preventive maintenance, repair, commissioning and general servicing of control systems. Responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, on site, customer interface.
- Properly completes required project and service documentation.
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills and a high level of self-confidence with the ability to work independently.
- Interpersonal skills to properly represent Connecticut Controls Corp to customers and other outside contacts in an ethical and professional manner is a must.
- Diagnose and repair complex electronic control systems requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test and write modifications to system software.
- Provides sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and as-built drawings.
- Meets regularly with customer to become familiar with operating problems. Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrades, and or repairs.
- Promotes the company and maintians a relationship with customer- Focused on "add-on's" to increase work.
- Manages assigned work to meet professional execution of time and customer satisfaction.
- Adheres to company and customer safety policies and standards. Provides safety awareness on work sites.
- Provides training to customers on electronic control system operations as directed.
- Compiles job documentation, such as certificate of completion, customer training forms, training certificates.
- Maintains a record of open items and punch lists for assigned jobs and provides to the project manager as required.
- Other duties related to the commissioning and servicing of building controls and facilities management systems as assigned.
- Minimum of a 2 year technical certificate or an Associate Degree in electronics, mechanical systems, computer technology, air conditioning or similar field.
- Minimum 2 years in HVAC Experience
- Minimum 2 years in Controls - Building Automation
- Working knowledge of Honeywell, Johnson Controls and Niagara/Tridium a plus
- OSHA 10 required
- PC experience required and the ability to program HVAC related software.
- Must have a valid Connecticut Driver's license
- Medical insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Company vehicle
- 401K Retirement plan
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Advance from Within- Career Path Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in our opportunity, we only employ the best. Come join our team!!